|Date Posted||September 7, 2018|
At an intermediate level, designs, installs, repairs and maintains heating, ventilating and air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Monitors HVAC and refrigeration systems and operations and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules.
Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety practices and industry procedures.
- This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and refrigeration equipment.
- Assists in planning and designing new heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Provides recommendations on existing heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems for continuous improvement.
- Conducts pre- and post-installation testing.
- Assists in setting up preventive maintenance schedules.
- Establishes and maintains files and required documentation.
- Operates scissor lift and skid steer.
- Operates handheld manual tools and power tools including calibrators and test equipment in performing HVAC design, installation, service, repair and maintenance tasks.
- Keeps current with changes in mechanical and building codes and safety regulations related to job.
- Maintains required licenses and certifications.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations as scheduled.
- Assists in the interview process of new employees.
- This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management. Knowledge, skills and abilities: – Knowledge of current air conditioning/refrigeration, building and mechanical codes
- Knowledge of air conditioning theory
- Skill in the use of electrical and air conditioning test equipment
- Skill in reading and interpreting diagrams, prints and schematics
- Skill in brazing, soldering and welding
- Skill in operating lifts, skids and tools and equipment necessary to perform the job duties of HVAC design, installation, service, repair and maintenance
- Basic skill level in office productivity applications (such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment Minimum qualifications: Two or more years of experience in installing, testing and maintaining air conditioning systems and controls including experience with large commercial and industrial HVAC-R equipment and building control systems.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Refrigeration Recovery/Reclamation Type I and Type II Certification
- Drivers license