|Date Posted||June 9, 2018|
HVAC Technician/Maintenance Worker
JOB TITLE: HVAC Technician/Maintenance Worker
- Monitors HVAC systems and their components. Including Chillers.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems and energy management control systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs ensuring responsive and corrective action for urgent building operation items, indoor air quality, thermal comfort parameters.
- Performs emergence, predictive and preventive maintenance to ensure the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Estimates labor, materials, and/or equipment needed to complete work projects.
- Monitors contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met.
- Fabricates or coordinates the fabrication of equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
- Coordinates with the Campus Services Director and other trades (e.g. inspectors, suppliers, contractors, district personnel, consultants, etc.) to ensure the completion of projects and work orders.
- Maintains clean and orderly conditions in all working areas.
- Operates a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Completes maintenance and repair projects as assigned.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, recommendations, etc.) to document activities and/or convey information.
- Responds to emergency requests as required.
- Spiritually mature. Displays sound spiritual leadership.
- Knowledgeable of First BaptistFTL philosophy of ministry and doctrinal position.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Delivers excellence that goes beyond departmental and individual job responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge and skills in areas related to the items described in the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of digital, pneumatic, electric and electronic temperature controls.
- Knowledge of tools and HVAC equipment operation.
- Knowledge of safe and efficient work practices that comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment and tools used in general building maintenance work.
- Must be able to work effectively in a service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities which may require re-prioritization of daily operations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary based upon operational and/or event needs.
- Able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must hold state HVAC technician license/certification.
- Two years of direct experience in HVAC and facility maintenance
Full time (40 hours/week); however, will be required to vary schedule to help with a special events, projects, or in an emergency situation affecting the church facilities.
The position of the HVAC Technician/Maintenance Worker is to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks related primarily to HVAC. The person working in the position will also assist, when needed, in routine building maintenance tasks.
The person selected for this position should be someone who truly feels called to utlize their gifts and talents in a Christian environment and is willing to go "above and beyond" the personal investment in a position that is considered "normal" in the secular world of work.
We are excited to tell you more about First Baptist FTL!
It is really pretty simple – we are passionate about making Jesus known in our community, and the best way to do that is by meeting the needs of the people around us. We are indeed a city church, situated right at the intersection of diverse ethnicities, cultural expression, and global commerce in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale for over 110 years. We are a safe place for learning and growth, and we are a loving place to belong.
When you are at First Baptist FTL you are among family.