|Date Posted||April 3, 2018|
As a Test Technician, you will work in a climate controlled HVAC laboratory environment performing testing assignments and making unit modifications as needed. Unlike a typical service technician position, you will not have to endure crawl spaces or attics.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Prepare and install test units in the test facility in order to simulate field installation conditions. This includes but is not limited to evacuation and charging, duct connection, electrical connection, piping connections, etc.
- Set up test facilities and connect data acquisition instruments according to general instructions and per test standard requirements
- Analyze test data and make modifications and adaptations to the test unit based upon analysis of the data
- Utilize computer software programs as required to run the test facility, conduct testing, collect and analyze test data
- Follow established safety procedures and maintain a clean work area
- Technical or Vocational training in HVAC preferred.
- A minimum of two years related work/education experience.
- Thorough understanding of the refrigeration cycle, including function, definition and /or purpose of the following: Compressor, condenser, metering device, evaporator, superheat, sub cooling, BTU, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the heating functions, including electric resistance or fossil fuel, desired. Knowledge of combustion fundamentals is a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skills in such areas as reading wiring diagrams, modifying unit wiring and controls, instrumentation, electromechanical troubleshooting, and modification of prototypes
- Ability to braze using Oxy/Acetylene torch
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on analysis
- Ability to lift equipment, compressors units, motors, sheet metal parts etc
- High level of self-motivation and integrity
- Effective and professional communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to troubleshoot, collaborate and brainstorm with other team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Outlook or other email programs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.