|Location||Carr, CO, CO|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2017|
Voice and Data
Experis is looking for an IT Telecommunications Technician in Carr, CO. This resource is responsible for supporting field network and telecommunication infrastructure production, and troubleshooting IT system issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of network and telecommunications equipment at various locations. Telecom equipment includes and may not be limited to: 3G/4G modems, Industrial Wireless Systems, SCADA Communication Systems, Office Phone Systems, Digital Multiplex, Office Networks (LAN/WAN), VHF Radio Systems, and associated equipment.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of telecommunications network (including but not limited to Frame-Relay, VSat, DSL, PL, 3G/4G modems).
- Support production, development and troubleshoot IT Systems and ensure the stability and integrity of data, especially in VOIP (Voice over IP), IP video, wireless data services, networking, and telecommunications systems.
- Perform system software upgrades; install service packs and patches as needed.
- Configure, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers
- Utilize software and hardware tools (including but not limited to SolarWinds, Cisco, Juniper) to identify, diagnose and drive resolution of problems and factors affecting network integrity.
- Associate's/Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years direct work experience in IT or a related discipline may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- IT Telecommunications Technician routinely work under adverse weather condition and at times in Class 1 Div. 1 and Div. 2 areas.
- Climb a fixed ladder no greater than 20' with the use of proper PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment) i.e., fall protection is required to climb and work. If a portable ladder is used, fall protection is not required to climb, but would be required if installing equipment once climbing to the top.
- Travel as needed. Up to 75% local site travel throughout the day.
- Non-traditional hours anticipated.
- Required to carry an activated cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)