|Date Posted||April 3, 2018|
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title:Lead HVAC Mechanic
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Lead HVAC Mechanic in Herndon, VA. The Mechanic will provide services to include supervising personnel, and performing maintenance and repair of equipment at the Dulles Discovery Site in Herndon, Virginia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Engineer with his duties.
- Supervise and assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structure
- Supervise and assist in the training and development of Tour Mechanics.
- Assist EMCS Tech with the monitoring, maintenance and repairs of the BMCS systems on the site.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of all equipment on site.
- Supervise the performance of the preventive maintenance of all equipment on site.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Attend meetings with Client and USG and be prepared to provide corrective solution to site issues.
- Supervise EMCS Tech, HVAC Mechanics, Tour Mechanics, Fire Alarm Tech and General Maintenance Workers.
- Monitor Subcontractors in their tasks and provide reports when needed.
- Perform other tasks as directed by his Supervisor.
- Journeyman HVAC License
- CFC Certification
- High School Diploma/GED
- D.C. Third Class or MD Class One Mechanic
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience in the trade with at least three (3) year in Supervisory position during that time.
- Five (5) or more years experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:
Chillers =/+500 tons Pumps Control Systems VAV’s VFD’s
Air Handlers Cooling Towers Heat Exchangers
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems.
- Able to work extended hours when needed.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs / push up to 100 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment.supplies.parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled