|Date Posted||September 13, 2018|
Voice and Data
- Lead operations and maintenance on assigned shift and monitor performance of assigned responsibilities. Perform and/or direct the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. It is also followed up with adequate clean up. Check malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Lead and support the engineering staff to create a high performing team.
- Support building operations through a highly integrated facilities management and engineering team to assure high infrastructure availability and client satisfaction. Drive a one team – team.
- Ensure that communication with the engineering and facilities management staff is effective and thorough.
- Leads or directly operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversees work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for the safe and compliant operation and maintenance (corrective and preventive) of critical equipment.
- Provides on-the-job training and technical support to shift engineers and maintenance technicians.
- Support implementation of the preventative maintenance program for their assigned shift. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Receives work order for Preventative and Corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure. Consult with supervisors and staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Update tools and supply inventories as appropriate. Specific duties include, but not limited to preparing and submitting purchase-order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Maintain and support a Critical Environment Management program reflecting client requirements and industry best practices.
- Responsible for the overall operation, maintenance, and modification of all building systems including: mechanical (including HVAC, computer room air conditioners, chillers, and plumbing) electrical (including UPS, DC battery systems, PDU, generators, transfer switches, and switchgear), cabling (including data and voice, broad band), fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV). Also has strong skills and experience in raised floor critical operating environments and associated procedures and best practices.
- Develops, reviews, and approves construction and maintenance work plans for assigned facilities and systems.
- Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, respond to operational and emergency situations, and provide technical guidance and direction during real time problem management. Also must be able to act in a consulting capacity on projects and new design.
- Work collaboratively with the Energy Management team to develop programs that reduce energy consumption and increase sustainable practices.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage the safety training program.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
- Develop routine annual maintenance plans and capital plans which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Inspect Facilities on an ongoing basis to determine effectiveness of operations and maintenance programs, personnel and equipment.
- Responsible for providing technical input and support to facility projects and modifications, including construction support, commissioning, and final acceptance, as applicable.
- Ensure all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building is maintained and up to date, including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings. Includes implementation of advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform.
- Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
- Assure the CFCR notification and CFIR processes are administered to DCM standards.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]