|Date Posted||July 24, 2018|
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Lead Tour Mechanic
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead Tour Mechanic in McLean, VA. One will be responsible as a shift leader and oversee the staff working under their direction during their shift, which includes operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, repair and performance of routine reoccurring preventive maintenance services to base building HVAC and other related mechanical and electrical equipment. Ensures the facility tours are being performed by the Tour Mechanics. Will confirm all equipment is operating correctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign work to support staff (HVAC Mechanic, GMW, Tour Mechanic) as required to fulfill the daily operations of the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining the tour log book during the shift, and responsible for filling out the incident reports for unexpected or unplanned outages. Will also be responsible to make sure the proper notifications are made to supervisors and onsite officials.
- Responsible for briefing the next shift Lead Tour Mechanic of any and all events that happened on during one's shift.
- Work with the fellow HVAC staff on typical building systems to include, but limited too; rooftop equipment, cooling towers, DX split systems, specialized comfort cooling and heating equipment, centrifugal, screw and reciprocating compressors, kitchen equipment, fans, air handling units and other air moving equipment, computer room systems, chilled, and condenser water distribution systems.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance services and tasks as dictated by the CMMS and other special requests or requirements to building mechanical equipment.
- Monitor the site operations through the BMCS control system. Performs minor tests, calibration and operation as required.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of HVAC equipment and other related systems.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform his/her supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Performance of watch tours and inspections may be required.
- Must have a working knowledge of other trades such as plumbing and electrical.
- Monitor subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Most process a current Universal CFC License
- Current VA HVAC Tradesmen’s is preferred, but not required
- Current MD/DC Steam Engineer’s License is preferred, but not required
- Three (3) or more years experience in performing maintenance and repair on commercial-residential building equipment and support systems. Must have documented experience in the operation and maintenance of reciprocating and screw compressors.
- Skill and technical ability to interpret equipment operation, troubleshooting techniques, evaluate system performance and diagnose and perform adjustments and repairs as needed and with some supervision.
- Must have 2 years experience working with support trades (sheet metal, fire alarm, electrical, controls, etc) in the operation and support of HVAC systems.
- Must be proficient in basic plumbing skills as the relate to HVAC systems
- Must be proficient in basic electrical skills as they relate to HVAC operations
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work shift work and overtime.
- Must be able to move/lift heavy objects, climb vertical ladders, work at heights and be proficient in the use of common hand and power tools.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled