|Date Posted||May 10, 2018|
Lithium-ion Battery Development Test Technician – Santa Clara Valley, CA – Contract
In this role placed by Kelly Services, the battery development test technician is responsible for the processing and aiding of the battery cell development.
- Safety oriented and knowledge within the battery development industry
- Knowledge of Li-ion battery chemistry
- Basic electrical knowledge
- High voltage electrical knowledge
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- +2 Years in dry-room/cleanroom laboratory environment
- Battery chemistry and hazardous chemicals experience
- Maccor and other battery cycling operation and programming
- Battery cycling test data post processing and analysis (ie Python, Matlab, etc) Test process development and DOE
- Battery cell prototype proaction experience and build process development
- Cable harnessing, soldering, and crimping
Duties include and not limited to
- Operate/Maintain equipment used for cell development. Equipment consist of glove-boxes, fume hoods, heat sealers, vacuum ovens, auto/manual pipettes, die-press
- Prepare cell components for assembly. Preparations include kitting, washing
- with IPA/Acetone.
- Assemble Coin cell for material characterization
- Battery materials QA
- Assemble prototype cells per design
- Evaluate material used for electrodes and current collectors using wide range of analytical equipment.
- Charge/discharge assembled cells using programmable testers
- Test set-up and instrumentation for data collection and reporting
- Provide feedback on process improvements
- Assist in tool development for assembly process
- Technical degree with focus on battery development such as: chemistry; biology; or materials
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Important Information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Apply directly to this position via this job posting and send a WORD DOCX version of your most up to date resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
In addition to working with the world’s most recognized and trusted name in staffing, Kelly employees can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Year-end bonus program
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.