|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2018|
Seeking to hire Maintenance Technicians for San Diego Shipyard. All levels welcome to apply.
- Performs electrical repairs and maintenance to the facilities, utilities, power distribution, and production equipment.
- Performs new installations and modifications to yard facilities, utilities, power distribution, and production equipment.
- Installs and removes temporary portable production support equipment, utility distributions, and other services on yard.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, improve quality, reduce cycle time, and reduce costs.
- Ideally has telecommunication experience
- Previous experience required. Requires a trade school certificate in electrical training or equivalent work experience performing electrical repairs
- Must be able to read and troubleshoot equipment and systems from schematics, diagrams and other manufacture's documentation.
- Must be able to work any shift, heights, and enclosed spaces
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be trained in energy recognition, electrical safety protection equipment, and lockout/tag out procedures
- Must have specialized training in basic electronics (2 years AS degree) or equivalent experience working on more complex drive systems and other controls, such as controls found in the new Gantry cranes drives, PLC controls, FIre Alarm Systems, Telephone Systems sensing circuits and other more complex analog circuits found on newer equipment.
- High school education/equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of shipbuilding processes and procedures preferred
Please apply with a detailed resume to be considered.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.