|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
Aerotek has partnered with a large manufacturing center in Suffolk Virginia who is looking for a maintenance technician for their 2nd or 3rd shift. The description is below.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all production equipment repair, preventative and predictive maintenance and defined WCM activities. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will act as part of the greater line team and will assist with operation of packaging equipment and relieve members of the production team as needed. The Maintenance Technician is a member of the Planned Maintenance Pillar and reports to the Production Supervisor. This individual possesses strong teamwork, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, as well as a high mechanical ability and trouble shooting skills.
Responsibilities of the role (not inclusive):
* Maintain all Tea Packaging equipment (primary and secondary) as assigned
* Perform all required Cleaning, Inspection, and Lubrication tasks as defined by the WCM plan
* Support all equipment changeover activities including documentation
* Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems
* Perform machine breakdown repairs and PM activities
* Develop Preventative Maintenance procedures as required
* Perform basic Electrical and PLC troubleshooting (teach sensors, replace sensors, cord/plug components, etc.)
* Partner with multi-craft teams to complete major repairs or PMs
* Replace machine parts working to tolerances of + 0.002 inches
* Troubleshoot and resolve production line bottlenecks
* Maintain Equipment/Area spares, tools inventory (shadow boards/5S)
* Input required information into data collection systems
* Initiate and complete all work within the plant CMMS
* Ability to search for and locate spare parts in inventory and retrieval system
* Document material defects and submit required reports to QA
* Execute periodic cleaning tasks for equipment areas and document task completion
* Utilize CMMS system to document periodic scheduled tasks (CIL, Training)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.