|Date Posted||June 29, 2018|
PURPOSE According to prescribed policies and procedures, under the general supervision of the Senior Property Manager, Property Manager, and/or Maintenance Supervisor, assumes responsibility for general building maintenance including preventative maintenance, minor repairs, completion of work orders. Supervises and assists outside service personnel and vendors as needed. Reports major repair and maintenance needs to supervisor.
1. Assumes responsibility for assigned facility maintenance functions.
a. Conducts general maintenance of resident units and common areas including carpentry, painting and other general repairs.
b. Prepares vacant units for move-in, including, but not limited to, painting, cleaning and carpet cleaning.
c. Performs and arranges scheduled preventative maintenance and cleaning. Completes inspections and tests, and maintains logs and records reflecting results.
d. Performs maintenance on all security systems, fire alarms, and door locks.
e. Adheres to schedule and takes assigned on call duties as directed.
f. Provides assistance and direction on outside service and repair work.
g. Performs landscaping duties (lawn mowing, hedge trimming, bed maintenance) as needed.
h. Maintains grounds, parking lots, and driveways, including keeping walkways and parking lots free of snow and ice.
i. Cleans common areas of property. Duties include emptying trash, dusting and vacuuming; polishing/cleaning furniture, cleaning fixtures, window ledges, mopping floor areas.
j. Cleans and deodorizes bathrooms. Replaces toilet paper and paper towels.
k. Removes trash from common areas. Maintains dumpster area.
2. Assumes responsibility for maintaining related maintenance records.
a. Tracks and records preventative maintenance procedures.
b. Completes work orders and files appropriately.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with residents, co-workers, owners, management, vendors, and service providers.
a. Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or maintenance concerns.
b. Attends and participates in meetings as required. Completes required records and reports.
c. Assists vendors and service providers as needed.
d. Ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
b. Completes assigned training.
• Resident units are in good repair, and well maintained. Vacant units are readied for move-in in a timely manner.
• Common areas are in good repair and well maintained.
• Common areas and grounds are clean and free of trash.
• Preventative maintenance and repairs are effectively performed in accordance with established standards and procedures.
• Maintenance needs and problems are promptly identified and resolved or reported to supervisor.
• All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with National Church Residences’ Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
• Adheres to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide (EIG), Policy and Procedure Guide (PPG), and facility handbook including, but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.