|Date Posted||July 23, 2018|
Maintenance Technician/ Maintenance Assistant
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Maintenance Technician to join our team. Must be experienced in floor buffing and maintenance, painting, HVAC and other maintenance needs of Assisted Living or Apartment Maintenance.
* Maintain scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on: HVAC, elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment.
* Perform general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting, and equipment repair.
* Respond to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating, and replacing light bulbs.
* Repair and maintain vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets.
* Assess all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determine the best course of action to correct the problem. Work within the legal scope of local and state codes.
* Repair walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community.
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of building equipment, building codes and building systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical) in health care facilities.
* Valid State Driver's License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and associates.
* Must meet all health requirements, including TB.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors.
Send us your resume TODAY to schedule your personal interview for this exciting opportunity!!