|Date Posted||September 4, 2018|
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician does general and preventive maintenance tasks necessary for the upkeep, safety and smooth operation of the physical plant and agency vehicles. The Maintenance Technician will work on projects pertaining to the maintenance areas of plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, heating, air conditioning and carpentry as assignees by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
2. Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
3. Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
4. Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
5. Utilize Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma has played in the lives of the clients/residents.
6. Assist in the healing process by developing appropriate RICH® (Respect, Information, Connection and Hope) relationships with those served.
7. Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
8. Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
9. Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
10. Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
11. Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
12. Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
13. Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
14. Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
15. Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
16. Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide.
17. Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
18. Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
19. Implements and maintains preventative maintenance measures.
20. Maintains inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
21. Responds quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocols.
22. Assists in miscellaneous task e.g. painting, moving furniture, plaster repair, dry wall, trash pick-up, donations pick-up, and raising and lowering of flag.
23. Assists in the maintenance of agency vehicles.
24. Serve on an alternating basis, as on-call staff person.
25. Performs other related functions as may be assigned.