|Date Posted||September 22, 2018|
On behalf of our client Kelly Engineering Services is searching for a Maintenance Technician to be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance on facility and production equipment. The Maintenance Technician will perform repairs, installations and maintenance to support production and process equipment. Maintain facility equipment, building and utility systems such as steam, chillers, and water, air and gas lines. Maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equipment. Diagnose problems and replace worn or defective parts. Inspect equipment and perform preventative maintenance duties.
- Maintenance Technician is responsible for daily maintenance support and repairs of all production and facility equipment and systems. Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires replace motors as needed.
- Responsible for daily preventative maintenance of all production and facility equipment through use of the work order system.
- Must be able to work around ammonia systems, acid systems, steam systems, high voltage, and know the safeguards against being accidentally exposed to fumes, live steam, and/or electrical shock.
- Must know basic electricity and electronics including three-phase and single-phase controls, ladder diagrams, low-voltage relay logic, digital and analog electronics, microprocessors, single line diagrams, electrical schematics and power distribution drawings.
- Maintenance Technician troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment. Installs, diagnoses, repairs and maintains a variety of production and building equipment.
- The Maintenance Technician will perform preventive maintenance inspections and preventative maintenance on all equipment per checklists and /or manufactures’ procedures.
- Must be able to support maintenance requirements for off-site/ leased manufacturing and warehouse operations including picking up spare parts from off-site locations.
- Work with all Managers, Supervisors, and Operators to repair maintenance concerns in a timely manner.
- Aid in building security, operate alarm and fire protection systems
- Specialized training in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent experience as a Maintenance Technician is preferred.
- Maintenance Technician must be able to meet OSHA requirement and complete 24 hours of HazMat training.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance. Knowledge of PLC’s and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Must be able to drive small company vehicles; forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Maintenance Technician must have the ability to work independently or on a team with a blend of technical and interpersonal skills. Work hours subject to change based on business needs.
- Computer skills in MS Excel/Word in order to enter data properly and publish reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Electrical maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- PLC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Aerial lift: 2 years (Preferred)
- Industrial maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.