|Date Posted||June 9, 2018|
U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated facility management services firm, is seeking a Maintenance Technician to support the operations in their Camden NJ location.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: With minimal supervision, performs maintenance and repairs applying mastery of trade craft skills in area(s) of specialization. Operates and maintains mechanical and electrical systems and equipment that supply the building with heat, power, ventilation, air conditioning, and/or refrigeration, and other environmental systems.
- Maintain mechanical and electrical systems and equipment to include boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, heat exchangers and refrigeration equipment.
- Clean and prepare equipment for inspection; make periodic inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems as established by the facility operational procedures; repair or replace broken or worn machinery parts.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment and assist in developing, reviewing, and implementing comprehensive preventive maintenance procedures.
- Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders per instruction.
- Adjust equipment and systems with a view toward conserving energy.
- Responsible for all water treatment equipment, chemicals and tests
- Maintain operating logs on all equipment; record and report all faults, deficiencies and other unusual occurrences.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, follow all safety procedures and maintain a clean work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Must be flexible in work schedule to work weekends when needed.
- Willingly perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
- High school graduation with shop courses.
- HVAC certification (Class 1 or 2 EPA Refrigeration Certification, Universal preferred).
- Basic understanding of all the mechanical systems throughout the facility.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or six years field experience in a maintenance position. Must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and certification requirements.
- Must be able to read and work with blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Requires work on ladders or lift equipment over six feet from ground.
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check.