|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
Voice and Data
Network Operations Technician
The NOC Tech role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the NOC Tech will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of telephony systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.