|Date Posted||October 14, 2018|
Voice and Data
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contract: 6 month contract to hire
Apex Systems is looking for a Network Engineer in Tampa, Florida. If interested please contact Kelsey Laughlin at Klaughlin[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] 813-281-8800.
- The Network Engineer performs tier three network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD.
- Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software.
- Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required.
- Candidates for the NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network.
- The NE is also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network.
- The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs.
- The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
Typical duties include:
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including
- LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
Certification Requirements: CCNP Routing and Switching and DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II
Experience Requirements: Eight years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network engineering, including two years of specialized experience related to the candidate’s assigned task.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178