|Date Posted||August 10, 2018|
Genesis10 is seeking a NOC Transport Technician for a leading Telecommunications company. This is direct hire role and must be onsite in either Columbia, SC or Rock Hill, SC.
We are in need of a technically savvy and driven individual to join a Network Operations Team. As a Network Operations Technician, you will provide 24-hour continuous support for mission critical services to ensure uninterrupted flow of all data and services. You will be responsible for the Core and Distribution Network along with some Access portions.
- You will proactively monitor, resolve applications, remotely configure, manage and troubleshoot the network and central offices for trouble resolution
- You will be the advanced technical support working inside a Network Operations Center (NOC) to respond to NOC alerts in a timely manner and initiate network element system/subsystem interaction to restore network service
- You will coordinate trouble resolution with field personnel, Engineering personnel, NOC management team, and vendor support teams
- You will remotely configure, manage and troubleshoot the network and central offices equipment for trouble resolution.
- Provide high-level technical support for repair of Ethernet, IP equipment, SONET, DWDM, ROADM, Digital Cross-Connect (DCS), multiplexer, channel bank, network timing (BITS), and DLC
- You will make decisions and take actions to prevent network interruptions and service degradation. Work chronic issues as defined by management
- You will act as first level escalation point of contact. Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline, and 2+ years in the telecom/data industry or 4+ years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required
- Expert knowledge and troubleshooting with TDM, SONET/OTN, and WDM technologies
- Expert knowledge and troubleshooting with Ethernet, Packet switching, and MPLS-TP technologies
- Ability to work any shift to support the 24/7/365 needs of the business and on call support duties (Must be available to work night shifts [pay differential applies]
- Provide incident review and analysis requests to determine root cause and future mitigation
- Provide assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Experience with Change Management and escalation methodologies
- Scripting automation experience is a plus
High School diploma or equivalent required
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”