|Date Posted||March 30, 2018|
Olgoonik’s role, will be to support the Security and Intelligence Directorate (SID) and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). In fulfilling this responsibility, we will offer support services in developing, implementing, maintaining, and continuously improving programs that complement the DARPA mission. Our mission will be responsible for facilitating the secure and successful accomplishments of the SID mission, and protecting DARPA personnel, information, and property. We will provide business continuity that fully comply with Public Law and National Policy and applicable Executive Orders, and Department of Defense Directives, instructions and regulations.
- Develop programs of action, and milestones, and to meet budget and schedules.
- Develop and recommend physical security standards that accord with DoD requirements and guidance that can be applied within DARPA.
- Conduct physical security surveys and assessments.
- Prepare as required associated reports, including the planning and preparation of Transportation Security Plans and Test Activity Plans.
- Determine and recommend security construction requirements for secure areas to assure compliance with the requirements of ICD 705 Technical Specifications, Appendix 7 to DoD regulations 5200.1 or the Unified Facilities Requirements
- Oversee construction activities.
- Determine and recommend security lighting requirements.
- Determine access control and monitoring/surveillance measures and devices.
- Sustain a crime prevention program.
- Determine and recommend OPSEC, System Security Engineering (SSE), TEMPEST, and Technical Security Countermeasure requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Shall have successfully completed NSA approved courses of instruction for COMSEC Custodian, Local management Device/Key Processor, Data Transfer Device (DTD), Red/Black Separation, and Fundamentals of TEMPEST.
- Successful completion of ICD 705 or DCID 6/9 course.
- Four (4) or more years supervising three or more people in the performance of physical security functions in a classified DoD environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in security or a related field, such as law enforcement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CCTV, Passive Infrared devices (PIRs), access control systems, intrusion detection systems, combination locks, etc.
- Knowledge of sound attenuation principals and compensatory actions.
- Knowledge of DoD regulations 5200.1, Appendix 7, and 5208.
- Knowledge of DoD Manual 5105.21-M-1.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral forms.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Level 1 Alarm Technician by the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association or other recognized certifying authority.
TOP SECRET Clearance Level Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance
- Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old) or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Single Scope Background Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear.
In performance of this contract, occasional travel to other locations may be required.
The position’s responsibilities are performed in a typical office environment.