|Date Posted||October 13, 2018|
Veritude is seeking a Senior Regional Support Technician for Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC
3rd shift position
This role will include weekend shifts and working a 3rdshift schedule (Wed through Sat 8:00pm – 6:30am or Sun – Wed 8:00pm – 6:30am).
The responsibility of this role is to provide technical implementation and support services across several different platforms including telephony, network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/SAN), and server hardware and storage devices.
As a member of the Data Center Operations Team the successful applicant will be involved in activities involving installation, support, and decommissioning activities related to above mentioned platforms. The ability to diagnose and correct issues related to supported platforms is essential. Additional responsibilities include critical space management, asset management/inventory control and strict adherence to change and incident management policies. This role will include weekend shifts and working a 3rd shift schedule (Wed through Sat 8:00pm – 6:30am or Sun – Wed 8:00pm – 6:30am).
- Data Center infrastructure support and problem resolution of complex hardware and software issues across several communication platforms.
- Installation and Decommissioning of IT equipment – Includes creating project plans (network connectivity, port turn up, DNS…), asset management, physical rack/stack of equipment, initial device configuration, physical layer connectivity….
- Critical space planning – Ensure proper placement of IT equipment based on environmental factors and IT dependencies.
- Change and incident management coordination
- Collaboration with critical EI partners and facility engineering ensuring timely delivery of IT equipment and infrastructure
- Asset/Inventory management – Track and document all IT assets in CMDB tool throughout device lifecycle
- Assist in developing department policies and procedures
- Assist and may lead project initiatives outside of BAU activities
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols, WAN,LAN,SAN, voice technologies.
- Ability to use telecommunications test equipment, specifically Fluke network testers, Network analyzers, carrier circuit test gear capable of Ethernet/DWDM/SONET and cable media testers.
- Basic background on enterprise data center facilities infrastructure including Power/Cooling/Fire suppression/Security-Access Control
- Knowledge in structured cabling concepts and practices are preferred for the role as many projects and initiatives will entail physical layer implementation.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage several priorities in a rapidly changing environment