|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT®), under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst, is responsible for providing one-on-one behavior interventions to teach communication, social, and daily living skills and reduce problematic behaviors in the home and community settings, within the outpatient program of the Medical and Therapy Department in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide behavior therapy services.
- Establish and maintain rapport with children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Implements behavior interventions designed by the BCBA in clinic or home settings; Follows treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgement and seeks out appropriate consultation.
- Collects data accurately and document within the EMR and within other software programs, used by the department/organization.
- Collaborates with family and treatment team members to provide treatment effectively and without disruption to the environment or other individuals in the environment; communicates with family and other members of treatment team regarding progress.
- Collaborate and assist with planning and implementation of center-based/group programs.
- Assist BCBA and other RBT®’s with preparation of client materials for assessments, interventions, etc.
- Educate peers, co-workers, and community members about ABA and the role of ABA based interventions.
- Maintains expertise in current research/techniques affecting persons supported, and remains current on legal and ethical issues. Promotes behavior analytic theory and principles.
- Assist BCBA with training family, caregivers, and others regarding reinforcement, interventions, and any other topics related to the treatment plan and goals.