|Location||Gaithersburg, MD, MD|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2018|
SECURITY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
SALARY WITH PTO, PAID HOLIDAYS IS NEGOTIABLE
We are a prime vendor for the Montgomery County Government – no layers. We have over 50 contractors that support the County. May secure perm jobs as a result of starting out as a contractor. We pay all our contractors a W-2 salary with benefits.
Please send me your resume. Criss Brient at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Scope of Work:
Seeking a skilled technician with experience/capabilities in (Access Control software, Video CCTV software, and Alarm Center software) programming, troubleshooting to support on-going systems development and streamlining of the systems within the Security Services Division and administrative processes.
- Programming, troubleshooting, assigning access levels in access control, surveillance and alarm systems software such as; Kantech Entrapass Systems, SIS Alarm Center Software or Viconet CCTV Software or similar access control, surveillance and alarms systems.
- Utilizing ID card badging systems, creating ID cards, maintaining ID database applications of employees.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) and web-based programs to record access, manipulate and present data and information.
- Dealing with a variety of stakeholders to provide levels of access and types of access for facilities.
- Maintain the ID badge workstation, create ID cards for all county employees on a regular basis for 52 departments within Montgomery County as required.
- Generate different types of access levels and access types for county facilities.
- Streamline the data in the workstation such as unnecessary department titles, access levels or employees who have retired or terminated their employment with the County.
- Activate building access for employees upon request of department directors and managers.
- Identify any issues or changes made to the ID card workstation within the Kantech Entrapass System, SIS Alarm Center Software or Viconet CCTV Software or similar access control, surveillance and alarms systems
- Enter proper data into the alarm software system after EAI generates alarm codes for each county facility as required.
- Create new access levels to expand the access levels in the Kantech Workstation, prepare inquiry reports for access cards, alarm usage history, and CCTV cameras and submit to them to the proper authority. Position employees by their groups in the workstation when needed to get further information about their ID access. Contact department personnel as required about getting authorized signatures for the ID card application and retain at the workstation for proper security.
- Respond to employee via emails, phone calls, and in person regarding questions related to ID badges, access levels, meetings, building security issues, policies and procedures.
- Check all door contacts at each facility throughout the county for proper working order via the Kantech Entrapass System.
- Assist Rockville Core Parking with ID card information for all employees when granting security access to the parking garages.
- Adjust holiday schedules in the card access system according to each department’s needs.
- Experience programming, trouble shooting, assigning access levels and software management systems such as Kantech Entrapass Systems, SIS Alarm Center Software or Viconet CCTV Software or similar access control, surveillance and alarms systems experience.
- Experience utilizing ID card badging systems, creating ID cards, maintaining the ID database applications of employees.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) and web- based programs to record access, manipulate and present data and information.
ALTA has an established track record of leadership in IT consulting services for government, commercial and non-profit enterprises in the Washington, DC Metro area. Our deep experience, extensive network, and well-honed processes ensure continuous success in efficiency, client support, dedication, and value-add partnering with prime contractors.
ALTA IT Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.