|Date Posted||April 3, 2018|
your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and
help people. We dream of giving you the
opportunity to do just this. And with
the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come
true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth
Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve
our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a
difference and right now, we are living it up.
opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing
part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to
the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments;
helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on
track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such
a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values
of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Be part of a 7×24 team that operates and monitors critical electrical, mechanical and fire / life safety systems within Optum Technology’s enterprise data centers
- Monitor various BMS-building management systems and operate the SCADA-supervisory, control and data acquisition system
- Detect, assess and take corrective action to overcome issues detrimental to maintaining site operations in an N + 1 condition
- Perform recurring maintenance on data center mechanical and electrical assets, posting results in a CMMS-computer maintenance management system
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience operating key mechanical assets, including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, water treatment systems, CRACs-computer room air conditioners, pumps, sumps and leak detection systems
- Ability to work weekend shift from 12:00 am to 12:00 pm Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip form SF86
- Experience operating key electrical assets, including but not limited to UPS-uninterruptible power supplies, ATS-automatic transfer switches, VFD-variable frequency drives, PDUs-power distribution units and generators
- Experience using key fire / life safety systems, including but not limited to VESDA-very early smoke detection apparatus, FM200 and pre-action sprinkler systems
- Previous experience within large data center operations (prefer 2 Megawatt or greater)
- Licensed as – Journeyman or Master Electrician, Universal CFC, Boiler Operator or PLT
Physical Requirement and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able
to climb ladders, walk on cat-walks and be comfortable working in
elevated positions on lifts and platforms
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group’s
contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S.
citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of
Department of Defense eQuip
Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or “NACLC”).
Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued
employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE
Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision
communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to
begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim
clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure
to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior Facilities Specialist, Chaska, UnitedHealth Group, Data Center Operations, Electrician, Data
Center, Data Center Maintenance,
Electrician, Optum, United Health Group, Operating Engineer, Data Center
Operator, Boiler Operator, Facility Maintenance