|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
This position has a focus on maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial HVAC, Refrigeration and Chiller systems. A very high percentage of “wrench time” is expected. Individuals are expected to demonstrate a high technical expertise in HVACR and Chiller preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair. The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and to perform other duties as required. The candidate must possess the ability to diagnose and repair equipment with minimal use of third party vendors.
- Maintain all HVACR and Chiller equipment with a professional and safe approach.
- Review and analyzing system data (reliability, 1 calls, etc) and developing initial recommendation with Chief Engineer on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
- Provide professional feedback to update preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in a central resource location, for all repairs or changes to the system.
- Monitor the operation and make adjustments on chiller, refrigeration, heat exchangers, HVAC, and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems and troubleshoot any problems/malfunctions and perform corrective action as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVACR and chiller systems to include: mobilization of tools, equipment and materials; performing work with minimal disruption to occupants; properly maintaining required documentation, conducting immediate cleanup of work area including returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room; identifying and reporting all equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials and refrigerants.
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent
- Factory training / experience working with chiller systems (Carrier, Trane etc)
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Roof top Chillers
- Experience in working with industrial chillers, air handlers, cooling towers, and freezers.
- Prior experience working within an industrial HVACR and chiller maintenance service technician role is highly desirable.
- Capable of operating BMS and CMMS systems
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Universal HVAC certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment is a plus.
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Able to work on roofs of buildings
- Completion of written documentation is required.
- The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]