|Date Posted||October 25, 2018|
Animal Technician – Small Animal – Coon Rapids, MN
Kelly Services is currently seeking an Small Animal Care Technician for one of our top clients in Coon Rapids, MN. This is a 6-month temp-to-hire position, Mon-Fri, 7am-3:30pm, with potential for overtime, and weekends and holidays on a regular basis.
As an Animal Technician placed with Kelly Services, you will provide for the basic needs of the animals by performing animal husbandry tasks such as feeding, weighing, preventive health maintenance, providing social interaction, and by maintaining a clean living environment according to company SOPs.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge of applicable company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties.
- Cleans and/or completes spray-backs and sanitizing of animal caging and housing areas per SOP. Operates a variety of cleaning equipment such as pressure hoses and cage washers.
- Administers daily and enrichment feeding according to SOP or protocol prescribed amounts and types of feed. Assesses and documents appetite and feces patterns.
- Performs large and small animal receipt, including preparing housing for arrival, movement of animals to housing, preparing animal charts, and bathing and weighing of animals as required.
- Performs daily documentation activities, such as cleaning/sprayback and feeding dates and times, sanitation dates and initials, appetite, feces and vomit observations, room and location transfers, room temperature and humidity data, etc.
- Weighs animals according to schedule or as dictated by study protocol.
- Performs preventive health maintenance such as canine and lagomorphs nail trims, ear cleaning, and quarantine and pre-procedure bathing.
- Conducts animal movement from room to room as needed for housing requirements, study requirements, etc. Uses transport cart to assist with moving post-operative animals.
- Interacts with animals daily and restrains animals as warranted.
- Assists with training newer Animal Technicians.
- Assists with stocking of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Previous animal handling experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Outlook experience preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, use hands, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to grip and squeeze with hands, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, or crawl.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.