|Location||SAN FRANCISCO, CA|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2018|
The Animal Resource Center supports the research programs of the faculty by providing all services associated with the care and use of laboratory animals including the purchasing/receiving, daily care and monitoring of the health of all species.
- The Senior Animal Technician is responsible for the daily care of animals in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- In addition to the routine husbandry tasks (changing cages and racks, delivering food and water in accordance to established procedures, maintaining equipment and animal housing areas according to standard operating procedures and federal and state regulations)
- The incumbent provides training to new employees/transfers, provides advanced technical assistance to Animal Health Technicians, veterinary staff, enrichment staff, and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Perform record keeping duties such as per-diems records, animal health surveillance, feed logs, temperature/humidity charts, animal receipt and disposition logs.
- The Senior Animal Technician works with minimal supervision and may be assigned lead responsibilities on a regular or as needed basis.
- Major responsibilities include but are not limited to breeding management, animal identification, sample collection for genotyping, and data entry.
- Additional technical responsibilities to support quarantine and rederivation processes include IP injections and blood collection via submandibular vein or cardiac puncture.
- This position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail and the incumbent is expected to perform all duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Indicate key functions in detail, and the estimated percentage of time spent performing each function.
- If there are more than 10 key responsibilities, some of the similar functions may be grouped together and an estimated % applied.
- If applicable, describe the position’s role in planning, managing or coordinating the programs, functions, activities, and processes of the organizational unit to achieve unit goals and objectives.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.