|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
Voice and Data
The Senior IP Network Engineer is responsible for technology evaluation, equipment standardization, network architecture and service development on the IP network.
- Evaluate and standardize technologies and architectures in relation to the infrastructure and service needs
- Negotiate with vendors as well as generate quote requests and orders;
- Attend various meetings with management, departments and vendors to ensure company objectives are met. Participates in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects
- Work closely with other engineering teams, network and field technicians, product development and OSS teams to design and roll out new data infrastructure, technologies and services;
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure successful delivery of all technical components of new services and service enhancements;
- Work closely with NOC personnel to develop handoff documentation and training packages to ensure new technologies and services are supportable by the operations group;
- Configuring and commissioning network elements;
- Running technology and service trials;
- Travel required to project areas and job sites
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of modern service provider data networks, technologies and protocols such as IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, MPLS, MPLS-TP;
- Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to design Layers 1, 2, and 3 of the OSI model;
- In depth knowledge of service providing routing hardware, software, protocols and configurations such as Nokia (ALU), Cisco, and Juniper;
- Strong working knowledge of IP security architecture and protocols;
- Solid experience in designing and supporting IP networks for voice, data and video in a Service Provider environment using SIP, MGCP, RTP, Multicasting, and Unicasting;
- Working knowledge of QOS technology involving Diffserv, Traffic Queuing and Policing;
- Skill in troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Networking or related field plus six years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”