|Location||Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
A Structured Cabling Technician will:
- Perform major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs by troubleshooting cabling system issues
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cables
- Test every newly installed or relocated cable in accordance with established procedures
- Keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Develop in-depth knowledge of National Building Codes and standards
- Record time and materials used
- Assist other members of the team with installation and maintenance
- Be able to work in various environments including outdoors in varying degrees of weather working at heights, and in small confined spaces.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Associates Degree preferred
- BICIS preferred
- Manufacturer training preferred
- OSHA preferred
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.