|Date Posted||September 5, 2018|
Voice and Data
Job Title: Cut Tech
Location: Dallas, TX
Contract: 12+ months
Responsible for handling all aspects of installations and cut overs of service for small to midsize markets. Works under moderate supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs moderately complex functions related to voice cuts.
- Tests and troubleshoots for moderately complex ds1s.
- Performs moderately complex functions related to data
- Performs end to end translations for lines and trunks in at least two XO switch platforms, usually either 5E, DMS, Broadworks or Sonus
- Performs and understands all dacs mapping in TA5000, Alcatel, Titan, and Navigator, this includes ds0 and ds1.
- Manages an end-to-end VOIP install, this includes understanding of basic Sonus translations, Broadworks navigation and router troubleshooting with field at time of PTD and DD.
- Performs router configurations on Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) and VOIP products.
- Completes pre-testing and field testing on all XO products in assigned market with minimum supervision.
- Able to WOT/PTD a SIP order with an XO field technician.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 4-5 years of related experience. 2 or more years technical experience, preferably working with Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) type switch platforms or VOIP services
- Knowledge of 2 of the following: CISCO, Tasman, Adtran or Carrier Access
Other Job Specific Skills
- Command Line Interface experience in at least 2 of the following: 5e, DMS, or Sonus and either Cisco or Adtran
- Must have detailed understanding of CPE such as M13, channel bank, PBX, and routers
- Understands end-to-end data process on at least one order legacy, and diagnose issues related to configuration problems
- Rudimentary understanding of VOIP applications.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178