|Date Posted||November 10, 2018|
Voice and Data
About The Position:
The Telecom Analyst/Tech III position Assists supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to Telecom. Utilizes advance knowledge of Beacon specific systems and works directly with the end user and functional area support team to identify and remediate issues. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Supports Beacon in the test and implementation of new telephony technologies as they become available. Responsible for Business Recovery and new Service Center implementations/de-implementations.
This position requires a Statement of Public Trust
- Support and maintain the operation of all voice communications systems so as to minimize downtime. Responsibilities include the proper maintenance and enforcement of the Business Recovery policies and procedures. Troubleshooting voice or data circuits, opening and tracking trouble tickets on down circuits is required. Must interface with appropriate carriers to ensure resolution.
- Performs necessary programming to provide ACD routing of toll free services, this would include the interface to IVR equipment. This task requires interface with vendors and end users to ensure routing is established properly. Performs advances moves, additions and changes.
- Performs traffic analysis. Recommends changes to voice and/or data infrastructure. Recommendations based on considerable research, analysis and experience in voice and data traffic utilization.
- Works with Telecom Engineer to implement new telephony technologies as they become available. This included VoIP and CTI technologies.
- Coordinates maintenance and enhancements to the telecommunications equipment with the appropriate vendors as required under limited supervision. Determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications.
- Responsible for Move, Adds and Changes of telephone equipment/ACD routing/toll free services and general programming, to include proper tracking of such equipment and system changes.
- Maintain and support Call Accounting software and hardware. Will use call accounting software to provide usage reports on landline phone extensions and traffic analysis of voice circuits.
- Responsible for the management, ordering and tracking of new telephony orders, pre-existing telephony services and disconnections of any telephony services.
- Perform routine and complex PBX software moves and changes.
- Interact with other operational departments to ensure all telecommunications needs are met per end user requirements.
- Creates and maintains documentation on IT processes.
- Interface with various telecommunications vendors to ensure that request are met in a timely manner, and ensure quality of service.
- Track telecommunications equipment and peripherals.
- Answers all user requests for support within recognized Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Under general supervision of a more senior analyst/technician performs basic telephony equipment moves, additions and changes using a combination of phone system interface commands and includes performing cross connections at the main and intermediate distribution facilities.
- Reviews, analyzes and maintains ongoing records of telecommunications usage and equipment ensuring compliance of corporate policies. May require the interpretation of polices and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and products.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in field of Telecommunications preferred.
- Relevant Work Experience: Four (4) years applicable Telecommunications and voice, video and/or data networking experience required.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled