|Date Posted||December 8, 2018|
Apex Systems has a Tier 2 Network Technician opportunity in the city of Norfolk, VA! This position is offering very competitive pay and will be offering the opportunity to work with one of our major Government Clients. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], thank you.
Tier 2 Network Technician
- The Network Technician provides architecture management and data traffic routing for classified ISR data on the DPA Wide Area Network (WAN) and its components. This data shall include serial sensor bit streams, non-serial imaging sensors bit streams (both stills and full motion video), and imagery (full and motion), voice, avionics bit streams, and data as received from reconnaissance platforms to various AF DCGS sites. It provides support to the DPA on a 24-hours-a-day, seven (7) days-a-week. Detect network faults and initiate troubleshooting and restoral actions for network circuits, trunks and equipment for the DPA.
- Initiate and maintain trouble tickets and other logs to document faults, subsequent corrective actions and other significant events.
- Perform activities in support of the DOC’s PED Tasking Order (PTO). Activities center on the preparation and testing of circuits in support of the PTO and are synchronized with the PTO schedule.
- Meet Mission Management capabilities by provisioning bandwidth between AF DCGS sites to support the specific ISR mission objectives
- 5+ Years of network management and Enterprise Services experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD TS/SCI clearance
- Cisco Routing Associate (CCNA) or Junos Routing Associate (JNCIA-Junos) or woring towards one of these certifications
- CompTIA Security+
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CompTIA A+, and formal training in Windows, Linux, Unix, or Solaris
- Experience with Palo Alto, Brocade, CISCO is a plus
- A working knowledge of AF DCGS and AF ISR operations is desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178