|Date Posted||September 9, 2018|
Voice and Data
**BECAUSE THIS OPPORTUNITY IS IN DIRECT SUPPORT OF THE US GOVERNMENT, AN ACTIVE US TOP SECRET SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED**
Are you looking for stability in your next DOD opportunity? This opportunity was recently awarded and will continue for the next five years. Due to the size and scope of this program to learn and advance in your career.
Are you interested in locations outside of Tampa? This program has opportunities in eight locations across the country. Due to the size and scope of this program there is ample opportunity learn your career across different aspects of the IT spectrum.
The Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Candidates for the NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. The NE is also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network.
- Eight years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network engineering, including two years of specialized experience related to the candidate's assigned task.
- Candidates will be providing Tier II/III support and must have an understanding of route/switch configuration and KG configuration experience
- DISA/WAN circuit experience
- Certification requirement: CCNP (This is flexible if candidate has years of experience and at least CCNA Certification)
The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government's needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
Typical duties include:
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.