|Location||Santa Fe Springs,, CA|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2018|
Maxon Lift Corp., North American's #1 privately held liftgate company and a worldwide manufacturing leader of hydraulic liftates for the transportation industry has an immediate opening (4-23-18) for a Value Manufacturing Engineer at our Distribution Center in Tijuana , B.C. (Mexico). The ideal candidate will be a person with the ability to travel to our Tijuana Baja location.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Value Manufacturing Engineer can be defined as a an organized effort direct at analyzing designed building features, systems, equipment and material selections of the purpose of achieving essential functions at the lowest life cycle cost consistent with required performance, quality, reliability and safety
1. Solves Complex Problems Coordinating and Executing activities utilizing the different Engineering specialties; Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.
2. Provides technical and project leadership in the implementation of new or modified products.
3. Is responsible for analyzing and implementing Engineering Orders including Make versus Buy analysis, cost estimation, process determination, routings, phantoms, and lay-out.
4. Is knowledgeable in: Sheet metal Fabrication (VMC / CNC) and Machined component processes; Welding processes (MIG); Assembly processes and practices.
5. Is responsible for maintaining product standards, routings, and process sheets up-to-date.
6. Has knowledge of Planning and Scheduling Activities and Requirements; Quality Analysis and Statistical Process Control Tools (process flowcharting, data collection, cause and effect analysis); Basic Design principles; and Project Management principles.
7. Designs, or improve product and/or processes to reduce cost.
8. Design or modify products and/or processes to improve quality.
9. Experience with Epicor, Oracle, SAP, and/or other MRP system.